Julbo Prescription Sunglasses
With Julbo’s RX Trem™ prescription sunglasses, Julbo offers high-tech prescription sunglasses with lenses that are specifically cut to perfectly match the curved shape of our frames and provide greater viewing comfort in all situations. With a selection of photochromic NXT® lenses and a variety of frames, Julbo provides wearers of prescription eyewear with customized and ultra-high-performance solutions adapted to their sporting activities.
At this time Julbo can fill single focus prescriptions (not bifocal or progressive prescriptions).
RX Trem™ Prescription Sports Sunglasses
Enter your prescription below to find out which Julbo frames can accommodate your personal prescription. This is the same information that will be required when you place your RX Trem™ order.
- At this time Julbo can fill single focus prescriptions (not bifocal or progressive prescriptions).
- Julbo highly recommends that you obtain your right and left eye Pupillary Distance measurements from a licensed eye doctor or optician. Many optical stores will provide this service free of charge.
- If your prescription does not have a value for cylindrical and axis, you may enter 0.
Click each to learn more about the frames, to see the lens options, and to see the frame color options that are available as prescription sunglasses. Prices range from $550 to $650, plus tax where applicable.
RX Trem™ Features
Angle of vision // RX Trem prescription sports sunglasses lenses offer the widest field of distortion-free vision possible, ensuring clear vision in all directions.
Light and tough // RX Trem lenses are made of light materials that are low-density (1.11 for NXT lenses) that are ultra-tough and particularly suitable for sports and outdoor activities.
Embedded treatment technology // All RX Trem lenses are treated with in-mass technology. The entire depth of the lens is colored, polarized and treated photochromically for optimum durability and resistance.
Immediate adaptation // Every RX Trem lens is designed to take account of the physiological features specific to each wearer. Incorporation of a compensating prism in the surface finish, together with the wide field of vision provided by the lens design, ensures that the wearer adapts to our equipment almost immediately. All RX Trem frames are covered by a one-month adaptation guarantee.
- Use the Prescription Tester (above) to determine which sunglasses will accommodate your prescription.
- From the selection of available RX Trem™ frames, choose the frame that you are interested in and click on it.
- On the page that appears, select the lens and frame color that you'd like among the RX Trem options that are listed.
- Click to add your choice to the shopping cart.
- A form will appear that will ask for your prescription — the same information that was collected while using the Prescription Tester.
- Please double check your prescription numbers. If you have a question, contact Julbo USA at contact@. julbousa.com
- After you submit your prescription, you will be directed to the shopping cart to make payment and check out.
- Julbo USA will review your order and contact you with any questions.
- Processing of your custom sunglasses and delivery time may take up to a total of six weeks.
- Julbo USA only ships to US addresses.
US and European prescription values
When you receive your new RX Trem™ sunglasses there will be additional paperwork enclosed in your package. Please do not be alarmed when you see the prescription values submitted by the lab. It will be different than what’s on your actual prescription. There are two ways to read and translate the same prescription. We tend to do it one way in the US and in Europe it’s expressed in another way — but they are the same prescription.
Prescription lens addition to standard warranty disclaimer
It is very important to submit current, accurate prescription information when ordering prescription lenses for use with Julbo eyewear. Failure to submit correct information regarding your prescription could result in blurred vision, eye strain, fatigue, and/or headaches.
Julbo recommends that you obtain your left and right eye Pupillary Distance measurements from a licensed eye doctor or optician. Many optical stores will provide this service free of charge.
Prescription lenses used in our eyewear are prepared at Julbo’s request by an independent, licensed provider of prescription lenses. Julbo does not perform or offer to perform services as an optometrist or optician.
Julbo RX Trem™ Prescription Sports Sunglasses
“I wore them for 30 days crossing the Andes cordillera in extreme conditions. The weather was bad on the first day as I left the tent so I didn't put them on immediately. An hour later, I knew they would never leave my face. Then I established a little routine: every morning, I emerged from the tent with my glasses on my nose and only took them off in the evening when I went to bed.”
—Didier Jourdain // member of the French High Mountain Military Group // Bivouak-Camel lens
“Me, my sport and contact lenses don't seem to go together. I much prefer prescription technical lenses which allow me to compete on equal terms with the others! I no longer have issues with my sight and can really go for it with perfect vision under any conditions!”
—Alexandre Balaud // top mountain bike enduro athlete // Whoops-Zebra lens
Prescription sports sunglasses
Check out our prescription sports sunglasses and prescription photochromic sunglasses.
Visit these links to review some great sunglass options for that sport. On each product page, look for the Julbo RX trem™ button and click on it to see the sunglass models that can be ordered with prescriptions lenses:
- prescription running sunglasses
- prescription glacier glasses
- prescription kayaking / canoeing / paddling sunglasses
- prescription mountain biking sunglasses
- prescription rock climbing sunglasses
- prescription sailing sunglasses
- prescription skiing / snowboarding sunglasses
- prescription mountaineering sunglasses